How We Help:
CVCOA works hard to support elders in leading healthy, meaningful and dignified lives in their homes and communities. We provide a wide range of services to seniors and family caregivers to help make this possible.
- Senior HelpLine: Call our experts to answer your questions about available benefits and senior services.
- Information & Assistance: Our I&A staff provide comprehensive information about a wide range of community and statewide services, and work with you to access them.
- Options Counseling: Counselors listen closely to you and your family to learn your goals for long-term support and explore the options that make this possible.
- Case Management: We work closely with seniors and family caregivers over the long term to develop and implement care plans.
- Health Insurance Counseling: Specialists provide guidance on Medicare and other health insurance options.
- Mental Health Counseling: Clinicians work with seniors to address mental health concerns that interfere with daily life.
- Legal Services: Our partners at Vermont Legal Aid provide seniors with advice and assistance on health care issues, housing and other topics.
- Transportation: Local transit providers provide rides to appointments, shopping and other destinations.
- Nutrition Services: Senior centers and other meal sites provide nutritious home-delivered and community meals.
- Family Caregiver Support: This program offers respite grants, support groups and trainings for the health and well-being of family caregivers.