Due to our aging population and rising food insecurity, Vermont is witnessing an unprecedented demand for nutritional support.
CVCOA's nutrition program contributes directly to the ongoing health and well-being of seniors living throughout our area. It consists of two parts: home-delivered meals (better known as Meals On Wheels) and community meals.
- Meals On Wheels delivers meals right to your door for those unable to attend community meals or prepare meals on their own.
- Community meals provide a wonderful opportunity for social activity in addition to the nutritional benefits of the food served.
We partner with 14 different meal sites to prepare and serve nutritious meals. This year, over 200,000 meals will be prepared, ensuring the well-being of more than 1,700 seniors.
All of the meals prepared with CVCOA’s support are reviewed by a registered dietitian to ensure that they provide the elders with the nutrition needed for good health.
We can help you to connect with several other meal and food programs to keep you eating well:
- 3SquaresVT provides a monthly benefit to help stretch your food budget
- Commodities Supplemental Food Program provides free monthly food to lower income older adults
- Food shelves provide additional food when your budget is tight