Our second annual Creative Aging Celebration takes place this Friday, June 2, from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Vermont College of Fine Arts!
We are excited to bring you an incredible exhibit of work from Vermont artists age 60+ along with live workshops and activities!
Artwork will include watercolors, drawings, cartoons, crafts, and poetry by Creative Care Kit participants. Local artists and community partners will also share work, including pottery, photography, and writing from the “Everyone Has a Story to Tell” project through Lamoille Neighbors.
Participate in a live workshop!
- Participatory live collage project with Suzanne Rexford-Winston from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (room 103)
- Painting Workshop with Pauline Nolte (the Vault) at 3:00 p.m.
- Seeds of Writing with Polly Giantonio at 5:00 p.m. (the Vault)
- Ageless Grace with Barb Asen, CVCOA’s Director of Family Caregiver Support, at 5:30 p.m. (main gallery)
- Sing along with the Green Mountain Strummers at 6:30 p.m. (main gallery)
- Aging is Living interactive tree project (entrance to main gallery)
- Recording activity and digital artmaking activity to take home available throughout the event (pick up in south gallery)
Snacks and drinks will be available during the event by donation. Masks will be encouraged for all. Attendees can stop by anytime between 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to view artwork in the gallery. No tickets are required, and people of all ages are encouraged to attend.
Following the event on June 2, CVCOA will sponsor Creative Aging Celebrations throughout the month at local partner nutrition programs during their regularly scheduled lunchtime congregate meals:
- June 7th: Randolph Senior Center
- June 15th: Montpelier Senior Activity Center
- June 19th: Chelsea Senior Center
- June 20th: S. Royalton Senior Center
- June 21st: Strafford Mealsite
Can't make it in person? Give us a call at 802-476-2662 to learn more about how to tune in on Zoom. We'll give you a tour of the space, and we'll be livestreaming the Seeds of Writing workshop with Polly Giantonio at 5:00 p.m.