Creative Aging Celebration
Join us for our second annual event on June 2nd, 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Vermont College of Fine Arts
Creative Aging Celebration – Friday, June 2nd from 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at VCFA
Central Vermont Council on Aging (CVCOA) is hosting a Creative Aging Celebration event on Friday, June 2nd from 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Vermont College of Fine Arts, College Hall, during Montpelier’s Art Walk. This free community event will feature an open gallery exhibit of creative work by older artists in Central Vermont plus fun live workshops and creative activities. Treats and drinks will be available by donation.
CVCOA will feature artwork by participants in our Enhancing Social Connection through Arts and Technology program. Through this program, CVCOA provides Creative Care Kits filled with skills-based, practice-focused, and social-centric arts activities for older adults in their homes. We are excited to share creative work by these program participants in addition to artwork by individuals and partner programs from across Central Vermont.
Live workshops and activities include:
- Participatory live collage project with Suzanne Rexford-Winston from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (room 103)
- Painting Workshop with Pauline Nolte (the Vault) at 3:00 p.m.
- Seeds of Writing with Polly Giantonio at 5:00 p.m. (the Vault)
- Ageless Grace* with Barb Asen, CVCOA’s Director of Family Caregiver Support, at 5:30 p.m. (main gallery)
- Sing along with the Green Mountain Strummers at 6:30 p.m. (main gallery)
- Aging is Living interactive tree project (entrance to main gallery)
- Recording activity and digital artmaking activity to take home available throughout the event (pick up in south gallery)
*Ageless Grace is a highly effective brain and body fitness program that keeps participants moving and thinking through the power of play. Moving your body while engaging your imagination can promote positive cognitive changes.
Stop by to view the artwork displays anytime between 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Local partners will also be in attendance to share tools and resources that can help older adults stay engaged.
This is a free event. No tickets required! Click here to donate to support creative aging opportunities in Central Vermont, or mail a check to CVCOA, 59 N. Main Street, Suite 200, Barre, VT 05641. This event is supported by the Vermont Arts Council.
Click here to download a parking map for more details about parking around VCFA. There is an accessible entrance for VCFA and bathrooms available with accessibility by elevator. Please note: no permits are required for parking during this event.
Would you like to support CVCOA's creative aging initiatives? Click here to purchase tickets to our Exclusive Gallery Preview and Reception on June 1st, the night before our community event! Tickets are $60 and all proceeds from the evening will directly benefit CVCOA's creative aging initiative. Enjoy treats from North Branch Cafe and live music while supporting creative opportunities for older adults!
Following this kick-off event on June 2nd, CVCOA will be sponsoring Creative Aging Celebrations throughout June at local Senior Centers during their regularly scheduled lunchtime congregate meals. Reservations are required to attend the congregate meals.
List of special Creative Aging Celebration congregate meals (lunchtime):
- June 7th: Randolph Senior Center
- June 15th: Montpelier Senior Activity Center
- June 19th: Chelsea Senior Center
- June 20th: S. Royalton Senior Center
- June 21st: Strafford Mealsite
Please register to attend a congregate meal by contact your local nutrition site. Click here for a complete list of sites and contact information.